November 24th, 2021 | 47 mins 22 secs
November 16th, 2021 | 45 mins 26 secs
In today's episode, Susan is joined by guest Hiroko Nishimura Here are the questions they discussed:
- How has going into tech changed your life?
- Can you talk about your own process of being a "professional beginner" and what it took to succeed from starting as a beginner to where you are now?
- Do you think being a woman in tech has affected the opportunities that you've had?
- Do you have any tips for those who are interested in technical writing?
November 2nd, 2021 | 40 mins 58 secs
In today's episode, Dacey and Maria are joined by guest Bekah Hawrot Weigel. Here are the questions they discussed:
- What is Virtual Coffee?
- How do you stay true to your code of conduct for Virtual Coffee?
- How to network? How important is it?
- Why did you make a career change?
- Discussion of documentation and onboarding
October 19th, 2021 | 46 mins 8 secs
In today's episode, Lyndsey and Dacey are joined by guest Deen Denno. Here are the questions they discussed:
- Tell us about your background and how you got into tech.
- What do you look for in a company when deciding if you want to work with them?
- How do you prepare for interviews?
- What sort of questions do you usually ask about a company during an interview?
- Are there any red flags you look out for during an interview with a company?
- What technologies do you currently work with at Hireology?
- How do you approach accessibility testing, are there any tools you like to use?
- Have you had mentors throughout your career and how did you go about seeking one out?
- How have you stayed motivated throughout your career?
- Do you have any advice for women who are wanting to get into the tech industry?
October 5th, 2021 | 42 mins 28 secs
In this episode, co-hosts, Lindsay Wardell, Dacey Nolan, and Maria Loza, sit down with special guest, Shruti Kapoor, to talk about how to get more involved in the tech community! From writing blogs to speaking at conferences, learn about how to get started, and more.
"Choosing your Career Path: What Being a Senior Level Woman in Tech Means" with Suz Hinton - She's in Tech 018
September 21st, 2021 | 53 mins 47 secs
In today's episode, Lyndsey and Susan are joined by guest Suz Hinton. Here are the questions they discussed:
- Tell us a little bit about your background and how you got into the tech world
- What is hardware hacking and how do you get interested in something like that?
- How do you go about building an audience for streaming live coding sessions on Twitch?
- What advice would you give to women in tech who want to teach others but might feel a bit nervous about starting out?
- You created an open source library for controlling OLED screens. Can you tell us a little bit about it and some of the things you can do with it? How did you come up with the idea?
- Can you talk to us about some of the things you're working on at Stripe?
- Was it a natural transition for you to go into management? How were you able to balance between staying technical and coding, but also be in a leadership position for projects and your team?
August 31st, 2021 | 54 mins 5 secs
In today's episode, the panel discussed the following questions:
- What was your journey into tech like?
- What was it like to pursue a computer science degree and a coding boot camp?
- If you had a bad experience during your tech journey, do you think that would have deterred you from pursuing tech as a career?
- As women in tech, how do we continue to support each other?
- What tips do you have for other devs and women in tech?
August 17th, 2021 | 46 mins 56 secs
In today's episode, Lyndsey and Susan are joined by guest Noa Ronen.
August 3rd, 2021 | 37 mins 12 secs
Lindsay and Lyndsey talk with Ire Aderinokun about her journey into tech, and how she founded Buycoins, a cryptocurrency exchange based in Nigeria. They talk about how Ire got involved with Web3 and blockchain development, and how a side project became a business. They also talk about The Feminist Coalition, a group based in Nigeria to champion equality for women in Nigeria, and how Ire became comfortable giving tech talks to large audiences.
July 20th, 2021 | 38 mins 8 secs
July 6th, 2021 | 52 mins 33 secs
June 22nd, 2021 | 42 mins 43 secs